I’m just a plainspoken Colorado criminal defense lawyer, but the way I see it…
A colleague asked me the other day to try to come up with a list of the Top Ten Reasons To Date a Lawyer, to use on his radio show. Strangely enough, I couldn’t come up with a single one.
Fortunately, though, he also asked for a list of the Top Ten Reasons NOT To Date a Lawyer. Here it is:
10. Hands you a pre-nup on the first date.
9. Doesn’t return your phone calls.
8. Every time he tries to get close to you, has the annoying habit of saying “May I approach?”
7. Thinks a three-piece suit is appropriate beachwear.
6. No free consultations for loved ones.
5. Can’t calculate the tip at dinner because the only math he knows is how to divide by 3.
4. When you ask if he loves you, he says, “It depends.”
3. He’s already seen people in restraints.
2. In a fit of jealousy, subpoenas your underwear.
And the Number One Top Ten Reason Not To Date a Lawyer:
1. Are you kidding? He’a a lawyer!!