Crimes Against Persons

Question: If someone becomes aware that another person assisted their ill parent in committing suicide 16 years ago, is that person legally obligated to inform the police?

Answer: No, and that person should validate in any way possible what must have been a terribly painful and courageous decision by that parent’s child.


Question: Can a 29 year old get charged with statutory rape for having intercourse with a 17 year old?

Answer: If intercourse is consensual, no.